An online ecumenical liturgical Prayer Group is now being offered through Preaching Peace. The prayer group is an opportunity for those seeking community based on the non-violent Christian theology found in Michael Hardin’s The Jesus Driven Life, who desire to deepen their prayer life and would like to become more familiar with Celtic Christian and other new monastic forms of liturgical daily prayer that complement The Jesus Driven Life.
This experiential learning opportunity is open to anyone, but preference will be given to those who have read The Jesus Driven Life and/or have participated in Michael’s mentoring groups, teaching seminars or conferences. The goal is to bring participants to a comfort level with this form of prayer so that they can in turn lead similar prayer groups in their own country, state, county, etc. Some ongoing support will also be available.
Preaching Peace Prayer is organized and facilitated by Dan Hinkle as a ministry offering. He is a life-long Christian, a cradle Episcopalian and has been an Episcopal priest for 34 years. For the last fourteen years, he has specialized in ecumenical Interim Transition Ministry in Lutheran and UCC as well as Episcopal churches. His spiritual journey has recently awakened him to the non-violent teachings of Jesus and brought him into contact with Michael Hardin and The Jesus Driven Life. He was a participant in Michael’s first Mentoring Group and attended the Preaching Peace Conference this spring. Dan has been praying the Daily Offices for many years. He has training and experience in Gestalt therapy, a long term interest in Celtic spirituality, and he plays the Clarsach or Scottish Celtic harp. He and his wife, Barbara, live in the beautiful Pennsylvania German farm country of southern Lancaster County, Pennsylvania USA. They are both founding members of GMO Free Lancaster County, Inc. and are avid hikers.
- Participants must have a Skype address (This is free and should be available worldwide.)
- We will be using the “Celtic Prayer Book” of the Northumbrian Community. This is an established new monasticism Celtic Christian community in Northumbria near the Holy Isle of Lindisfarne in the UK. The Daily Offices are available online for free here. You should be able to open another page to the offices while Skyping with us.
- Opportunity to pray together online will be offered twice a week:
- Monday Morning Prayer at 7:00 AM (Eastern Time USA)
- Thursday Evening Compline at 9:00 PM (Eastern Time USA)
Participants continue Daily Prayers on their own on other days.
- Folks in other time zones around the world will still be able to participate, although you may be praying Morning Prayer with us in the evening and Compline in the morning for a few months.
- Space is limited to 24 participants/group
- The First Trial Prayer Group will be offered for August & September 2015 beginning with Morning Prayer on Monday, August 3, 2015. If interest continues, new groups will be formed for each quarter. (Next Group: October, November, December 2015)
For Further Details and To Sign Up:
PM (Personal Message) Dan Hinkle on the Preaching Peace Facebook page.